Me !

I am not the same today as I was yesterday, neither am I, what I will be tomorrow. I am being moulded in the Potter's hands. He's still working on me to make me all I ought to be !

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Freedom from Forgiveness Frustations

Does forgiveness frustrate you ? Have people been hurting you time and time again ? Do the repeated offenses torment you? When you are hurt by strangers and mere acquaintances you may dismiss the situation with the tide of time. What about family and loved ones, whom you cannot walk away from?

I have my share of forgiveness frustrations! Let me share a couple of thoughts that help treat my forgiveness struggle -

1) I am not perfect !! I may also be hurting people with my actions or words.
2) The extend of Gods forgiveness floors me - I still need God's mercy and forgiveness everyday.

Reminds me of the servant who had a huge debt that he could not repay.He begged the master's forgiveness to save him from the debtor's prison. The master forgave him. On returning home, he met a man who owed him a big debt . He who was shown mercy, was now merciless towards this man. He flogged him and put him in prison.

How like me! Though I may not flog a person physically, my thoughts do the flogging just the same. I have been forgiven so much by Jesus. I cherish the love and mercy that he has poured over my life. I need to extend what has been extended to me. I need to pour God's ever abounding love and mercy into the lives of people who need it from me. Heard it said that - Hurting people hurt people.

There is a question I ask the Lord when faced with the dilemma of forgiveness frustrations. How many times must I forgive this person, Lord? I thank God for Peter who was in the same boat of frustration. In Mathew chapter 18 verse 21-22, Peter asked Jesus whether forgiving seven times was good enough. Jesus replied to forgive seventy times seven. That's a whopping 490 instances of forgiveness. I heard it said that forgiveness would be a habit by then.

Forgive has a 'give' - the giving of Love ! This giving sets us free from forgiveness frustrations !

No comments:

Post a Comment