Me !

I am not the same today as I was yesterday, neither am I, what I will be tomorrow. I am being moulded in the Potter's hands. He's still working on me to make me all I ought to be !

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Little Faith, Much Grace

                                                             
I am ashamed Lord . Ashamed at my lack of faith. I desired that you would allow me to serve you. You opened doors and my dream became a reality. Faith sounded as easy as it is spelt. I started strong with a song in my heart. Fuelled by passion, I was buoyed by supernatural provision.

Serving the Lord calls for growing FAITH in action. I was in for a rude awakening when worldly logic labeled my faith as foolish. Reason befriended emotion and quashed feeble faith.  In an attempt to prove myself 'worldly-wise', I fret, I fume and fumble through a self inflicted maze of misery.  Fear leaves a hazy path when trials cloud my vision.  Goliath's shadow eclipses my view and obstructs my way. I am far too nearsighted. The deafening roar of doubt and worry silence the faint whisper of my faith. That's when I falter, I fall, I fail.

Peter dared to walk where the other disciples didn't dream. His focus was fixed on the one he loved. Not taking his eyes off the master, he stepped out of the boat and walked on water as though on land. A bolt of lightening, the clap of thunder and roaring billows called his senses to attention. His focus shifted. No fisherman in his right mind would venture into troubled waters let alone a stormy sea such as this. No seasoned sea hand would dare tame a tempest. Reason weighed him down even before he began to sink. He cried out, 'Lord save me!'.

Had not Peter seen Jesus calm a storm before? Where was his faith? How could one who claimed to be a disciple stoop so low as to sink in doubt ? Hearken to the voice of condemnation, and the story ends there.

But, Jesus reached out and caught Peter. Jesus reaches out and catches me too when I fall. Peter didn't deserve it, neither do I.

Thank God for grace. Grace reaches out when no one else can and no one else will. Grace pardons and restores. Grace promises to be ever present. Grace dispels our fears and leads us on.

Amazing grace ! Amazing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment