Me !

I am not the same today as I was yesterday, neither am I, what I will be tomorrow. I am being moulded in the Potter's hands. He's still working on me to make me all I ought to be !

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Get Married Again !


Me and my almost 4 year old Joanna are lying in bed ready to sleep last night, when she has a question. The conversation went like this -

Jo : Mama do you have a baby in your tummy ? (I am conscious at this question -trying to wonder what she is getting it!)
Me: No Joanna.. I don’t have baby in my tummy. Why Kutta (‘Dear’ in English )?

Jo : Mama, You have to be married to get a baby right? (My mind is racing by now)
Me: Yes, we have to be married to have a baby.

Jo : ok Mama you get married again !! (I am splitting by now..but proceed with a calm voice !)
Me: Why kutta ? You want a baby ? (She's been hearing of second baby expectant mama's in her peer group)

She smiles and says 'Yes'
Me : Ok you pray to Jesus and tell him and he will give another baby.

In case you’re wondering about her logic in my needing to get married again,I have a confession to make.

Me and Jo were watching my wedding CD the other day when she kept asking me where she was then and whether she was in my tummy since I was holding the bouquet in front my tummy? (Now don’t ask me where she got that notion from – I honestly have no clue !!)

I told her, Joanna was in heaven with Jesus at the time of my wedding.For which she asked why we didn’t want her to come for the wedding. (some questions are real easy especially when she is all emotional/weepy about having missed her parents wedding !)
I told her that she was not there since we were not married. After we were married , Jesus gifted her to us from heaven.

Now put the two and two together.

In order to have another baby I have to get married again!

The Conclusion - 3 thoughts
1. Why doesn’t Dada get all these intense questions?
2. My Baby's Innocence is so precious!
3. This reminded me, of how much like Jo I am, when I give God suggestions on how to solve life's problems !!

There's a lot I dont know and a lot more I pretend to know, yet I try to give God solutions.
I just got thinking, how much it might tickle God to hear me pray at such times !







3 comments:

  1. She's precious! I've been telling people of how she sings "My god can to everything" Instead of "There's nothing my God cannot do"

    I really like your reflection on what our suggestions might sound like to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey hey!! You have a post dedicated to you on my blog!! I didn't ask you because I thought you might refuse!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deepa, You give me more credit than I deserve !

    ReplyDelete