Me !

I am not the same today as I was yesterday, neither am I, what I will be tomorrow. I am being moulded in the Potter's hands. He's still working on me to make me all I ought to be !

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Joy in the Shadows...

Joanna and myself were walking back home last night when she wanted to play 'Hiding in the shadow'. This game needs nothing more than me or Lloyd walking under the lightposts, down a dimly lit lane at night. Jo's tries to neatly tuck herself into my shadow such that neither herself nor her shadow will be seen.
When the lightpost is ahead of me I cast a long shadow behind and Jo tries to walk completely hidden therein. As I walk beneath the lightpost, my shadow is the smallest - At this point Jo comes ahead walking almost on my toes. And when I walk past the light, my shadow lies long in front of me. Jo walks ahead completely hidden in my shadow.

Got me thinking,To walk in my shadow ,Jo has to be as close to me as possible and keep with my pace of walking. And about the darkness, Nothing terrifies Jo when I am near.

When I walk with Jesus, am I walking at his pace or mine ? There is no fear in/of the dark with Jesus near. Eerie shadows dont frighten me. Wise old David said,"Even though I walk through the valley of shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me." I echo his words loud in the sunshine but why do they seem fear laced in the dark ?

Jesus is far bigger than we are. When life is dark and lonesome, lets play 'Hiding in the shadow' with him. Out of habit and probably even because i like the sound of it, I always pray 'Lord keep me in the shadow of the cross'. After this game I realized, how completely covered I am in the shadow of the cross. Satan, Sin and Shame cannot find me there. No fear or confusion when Jesus is near !

Walking in the sunshine, walking in the shadow
Walking all the way, walking everyday
I am walking with Jesus
Walking with Jesus alone !
P.S - As i am typing this, there is an urgent call to the hospital.Whatever it be, Jesus walks with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment