Me !

I am not the same today as I was yesterday, neither am I, what I will be tomorrow. I am being moulded in the Potter's hands. He's still working on me to make me all I ought to be !

Monday, September 5, 2011

Masirah Memoirs

Masirah - Its hard to believe such a place as this exists ! About 500 odd kms away from the city,off the coast of Oman lies the island of Masirah. My Type A tendencies searched the web for how best I could utilize this weekend getaway. After a detailed analysis of the various web and blogsite results of Masirah, I tried my best to dissuade Hubby. The reason was obvious - there was nothing to be done there !! For the life of me the last thing I wanted to see was barren deserts.Unfortunately though,It was too late to back out.

With Muscat at 44 degrees C and a drive of 7 hours we wondered what were getting into. Except for a few Oasis' sites,there was absolutely no vegetation in sight and Camels were the only animals that greeted our vision. The next leg of our travel entailed that we travel by Ferry from the Mahoot tip of Oman to reach Masirah. An hour and half to cross 20 kms of sea. By now the temperature was down to 27 degrees. and the cool breeze held us in its sway. So much so, I dozed off on the upper deck of the ferry.

Masirah is so laid back from civilization- Most buildings are single storeyed..No rush or push. No traffic or traffic lights. No fancy dine-outs. No trees. No Nothing to hold your attention except the Sun, Sea and Sand ! And an awesome threesome it was. Except at peak of day, the mornings and evenings found us enjoying the threesome. Nothing more spectacular than watching a sunrise from the sea horizon. Have you watched in fascination at the sun take a dip into the sea at the close of day?The riot of colours that painted the canvas of the sky at even tide are beyond description.The sea shells that dot the beaches and the sand castles that we made, brought to me the simple pleasures of life!! What sheer bliss- My favorite people in the world with me and No To-Do lists for two days ! My life was quietened to another rhythm.And what souvenirs' did we take back ? Precious memories of Love and Laughter !
Life does not necessarily find fulfillment in a checklist of To Do's. Many a time our accomplishments seem like a chase to cross items off our list! We can trust God to help us see beauty in the seeming "Nothingness" of Life. It is possible when we allow our hearts and minds to quieten to Gods Rhythm. In loving God we trust him, and in trusting him we Rest !!

No comments:

Post a Comment